Project Management Training & Coaching
Tom Peters in his 1997 book The Circle of Innovation, discusses the importance of project management skills:
""Train! Train! Train! Projects-is-us...so PROJECT-TRAINING-IS-US. Aim much, most of your training efforts specifically at project management and project membership ... Projects are art. (Everthing important is.) Still, there are a hundred tricks-of-the-ancient-trade worth learning." (p. 212)
Proficiency in project management provides individuals and organisations with a distinctive advantage. Proficiency involves the ability to recognise the need to manage work activity as a project; identify project goals; convert the goals to an implementable plan; and then follow through on implementation.
Geoff Higgins learnt project management at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), and has honed his skills through managing projects, and teaching project managers their craft.
Performance People offers project management training, including the following workshops:
- Principles of Project Management (2 day workshop)
- Project Objectives, Work Breakdown Structure & Reporting (½ day workshop)
- Using the One Page Project Manager™ (½ day workshop, in a PC room)
- Intermediate Microsoft Project™ (2 day workshop)
- MS Project™ for Small Projects (½ to 1 day workshop)
In addition to training, Performance People provides individual, on-the-job coaching to project managers.
Examples of significant consultancies include:
Back to Services
- Gathered requirements for a custom Microsoft Project™ and Project Server™ system for Airservices Australia. And subsequently developed and delivered practical, tailored training materials for the implementation of the system.
- Delivered project management and/or MS Project™ training for Stanwell Corporation, Queensland Rail, Fitzroy Basin Association, Joncris Sentinel Services, Fitzroy Basin Elders Committee
- Co-developed The Project Management Framework (a comprehensive project management methodology) for CQUniversity Australia.
- Established business requirements and developed a Project Server™ and SharePoint Services™ tool for recording and reporting status and risk information for significant enterprise projects for CQUniversity Australia.
- Co-wrote and delivered the Engineering Project Management course as part of the Bachelor of Engineering program at CQUniversity Australia.
- Conducted Post Implementation Reviews of a number of significant CQUniversity Australia projects, including the Finance Upgrade Project and the Library Refurbishment.
- Developed a customised project management training course for Fitzroy Basin Association. The course supports the work of team leaders, catchment coordinators and field officers across the organisation’s regional network.